Wednesday 22 January 2014

Recipe: Apricot and Honey Flapjacks


I recently baked these for my university baking society for the theme of Healthy Baking. So the sugar and butter may not make these the healthiest snacks but it's the thought that counts, right? These were super easy to make and I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen already so these are perfect for a quick bake.

Adapted from here

Ingredients
  • 140g unsalted butter
  • 140 soft light brown sugar
  • 2-3 teaspoons honey
  • 180g oats (I ended up using porridge oats)
  • up to 200g of dried apricots (however many you fancy)
Put the butter, sugar and honey into a sauce pan and heat until the butter is melted. Chop the apricots up into small pieces and add to the oats. Add the melted mix to the oats and apricots and stir. Add to a greased and lined tray and cook for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 160 degrees Celsius. Remove for properly chewy, gooey flapjacks. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment